You are hereBlogs
This year I didn't have anyone to start the loop to it was always going to be like an individual time trial. Last year with Wayne we smashed it and averaged in the 34km/h so if I could match that by myself I'd be happy.
I never really got to work with anyone except for a few kms so I was happy to match last years time. Below are my strava and garmin profiles. I'm also happy with my avg power etc.
Well I smashed it this year. It was me and Dicko sharing the load and right from the start we on the pace. We had one stop to top up the water but was pretty much on the gas the whole way. This is my fastest (avg speed) ride by a long way. The weather was perfect as well so in all a top ride
I have just started some road riding due to the bad weather (normally MTB) however after riding for about an hr I start getting pain and numbness of the foot (yes I am using road pedals and clips) and it gradually gets worse until I have to stop. I assume it is my foot position but I have played with the clip location and it has not helped.
Do you have any suggestions?
All I can was that was tough. I had a goal of 2 hours 45 minutes which I knew was going to be tough. To get 2 hours 45 minutes I would have needed an average of 32km/h. My previous fastest ride ever was Loop the Lake 2010 with an average speed of 29.3km/h
Notes from todays ride are;
- This was my first ride ever where I have cracked the 30km/h barrier so I have to be happy with that
- I was thinking I would need to drink at least 3 bottles. I didn't and paid for it big time
Start line to finish line in 2 hours 35 minutes. 157BPM average HR ( 83%) and 32.5 km/h.
Rested for about 45 minutes and began the slog home. I really enjoyed this ride and would do it again.
Next time i Dont think i would ride back home again only because of the heavy traffic. And wear sunscreen! All in all, a great day out.
So after last weeks poor effort on the CCMTB 6 Hour, I was determind to put in for a good effort for todays ride and was looking to make sure I finished in under 3 Hours and hold a good average speed as well.
Well, it's been a while coming, but now ready to ride. Not sure I'll keep the bar tape like this, but seemed a shame to cover all those nice graphics. Had this stuff lying around and didn't mind binning a good section of it - so let's see how this feels.
Sadly I'm still suffering a bit but physio said I could go for a very short ride this weekend so perhaps tomorrow will be the day.
Here's a few pictures from a build that went most of the way together today. Sadly it couldn't be completed due to one of the gang who has the crank set for this project being tied up... fathers day or something... what's all that about?!
As if you can't guess what's going on in the pictures, pretty standard stuff occurred today, but...
1. Be very, very careful... I'm cutting steerers...
2. ... done sawing...
3. ... done with a bit of sandpaper (which came with the fork).
4. Precision measuring! There's a 3rd spacer that will go on above this which gives clearance for the cap & bolt. The spacers are above the stem and give a little 'wiggle room' for fitting. The steerer can always be cut shorter if this isn't required in the future.
5. Slightly disappointed with the fit of the top headset bearing. Nothing a small 'O' ring won't fix though. I've mailed Cervelo just to double check this is normal.
6. SRAM Red Cassette... only has teeth on the very inside of the carrier. The 11 & 12 tooth cogs that fit separate to this carrier also have teeth though.
7. Story so far. Yes - our balcony is a little untidy, clearly we don't live here for the view and compact cameras have terrible barrel distortion!
It might turn out that a lay back post is required but the one on there (a Doric Team) came with the bike so think it is worth seeing how the ride is with that before making a decision.
Akuna Bay + West Head x 3. Never thought I would say that . I did 2 laps with Andy and was pretty stuffed after that but rested for 10 minutes and went for a third
The third lap hurt like hell but just kept spinning. This is my longest ride in one go.
have had a goal for a while to do 250km and also 300km and another one to ride ride to Lithgow return (i have plenty of othe goals also)
So why not knock them all over in one hit
Pretty good ride, ate alot, kept hydrated, had the right amount of clothing for the conditions. Overall a super day on the bike.